Sunday, January 6, 2008

KO2

Last night I was thinking about a lot of things, and I guess I forgot to tell you guys I joined a club at school. It's called KO2 which stands for Knock Out Oppression.

op·pres·sion
1.
an act or instance of oppressing (to keep down by severe
and unjust use of force or authority.)

We try to help people accept others as they are. This is why I have been very angry about stereotypes lately. There are many other things that people judge upon.

1) Faith or Religion

2) Sexual Orientation

3) Appearance

4) Ability

5) Age and Gender

There are also many ways that they avoid you and other things. But I want all you to know that I am not a judgemental person and you can tell me anything. Really, anything.

1 comments:

Dan said...

I kind of know how you feel. One of my favorite stereotypes is about mormons, and how they have, like, tons of wives. Hahah. It can get annoying to hear people say just ignorant things, and at the same time, I still laugh.

Most of it seems to be sarcastic jokes anyway.