Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The NAKED Truth....

Today in World Civilizations I had to give a presentation for the class. I thought I could be mature about the whole Olympics and the naked state of the people. However, I found the whole class laughing and my teacher quite angry (although, he was amused). Thinking to myself, I was trying to figure out what I had said. When I finally realized what I said I was so embarrassed. “ The Greeks believed that their gods particularly loved to see strong, fit, graceful human bodies, especially boys' and men's bodies. So one way to get on the good side of the gods was to exercise, to eat right, to oil your skin, to create a beautiful body that the gods would love. The Olympics were for guys only because they would play naked. Some of the things they did was: Wrestling and Pankration which was a mix of boxing and wrestling...That’s why the gods were so entertained. (I'm pretty sure I said some other stuff here otherwise my teacher wouldn't have talked to me later about how what I said wasn't school appropriate)” I soon got a firm "Lauren!" from my teacher. Thank goodness it was the end of my presentation anyway! I passed my Loukoumades (Lukumas small donuts with no taste what-so-ever) and sat down.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauren why were you talking about naked guys grabbing eachother!!! i can't believe you! jk